News:

Welcome to the forums!

Main Menu

The Parrot

Started by Sapphire, Mar 04, 2024, 10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sapphire

A guy received a parrot as a gift.  The parrot was gorgeous, but it had a bad attitude and a filthy vocabulary.  Every word out of its beak was rude, foul, and profane.  The guy spent months trying to change the bird's attitude: speaking only polite words, treating the bird gently, playing soft music, etc.  Nothing seemed to "clean up" the bird's outlook or vocabulary.  Finally, the guy got fed up and yelled at the parrot.  The parrot yelled back.  He shook the parrot; it got angrier, louder, and even ruder.  In desperation, he grabbed the bird and threw it into the freezer.   For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed.  Then suddenly there was total quiet.  Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, the guy quickly opened the freezer.  The parrot calmly stepped out and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions.  I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate behavior and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my bad attitude and unforgivable vocabulary."

The guy was stunned!  Before he could reply, the bird asked carefully, "Might I ask what the chicken did?"